- I finally got tired of waiting for fat websites and got
- This means my e-mail address has changed.
- Since my web site was hosted with the ISP, I have to move it.
- One detail I missed was the broadband ISP doesn’t have economical
web hosting. So now I have third-party hosting.
- Taken together, I decided to
get a domain name to minimize
- Since I had to mess with it anyway, I went through and brought
(most) of the site into the
It turned into a vastly larger project than I had hoped. I had thought that between a hiatus in martial arts and the memorial day weekend, I would be able to get everything touched up. Unfortunately, with some of the pages going back almost ten years, they needed a lot of work to brought in line with the standards. I still haven’t fully verified everything.
I also spent entirely too much time trying to get a dynamic navigation system working, but browser bugs thwarted me at every turn. Ultimately, I went with the right-sidebar, with they fly-outs disabled (they get clipped in most browsers.)
I rewrote the bio and updated the links a little. Otherwise the content is all the same. The are still several things I might like to do, (validation, RSS for the updates) but for the moment I am out of time and need to attend to other things.
The domain is JustinLove.name (The proper web address is http://home.JustinLove.name, which I can redirect a little easier, at least currently.) I had been thinking about using a domain for mail filtering for some time, and a change of address was an opportunity to do that. All the websites I need to register with get a different address, such as lj@J… Sometime soon I need to gather all my friend’s e-mails, and, hoping they haven’t changed, send on a social address.